10 Things Worth Obsessing Over at Fiesta De La Flor
2016 marks the second year of Fiesta de la Flor presented by CITGO in Corpus Christi, Texas celebrating the life and legacy of Tejano Queen Selena. If you thought year one was great, year two promises to be even better! Get excited for these obsession-worthy Fiesta de la Flor features!
1. The Selena Silent Disco: One of the hottest new additions to Fiesta de la Flor
Check out the Art Museum of South Texas to get your Bidi Bidi Bom Bom on to all of your favorite Selena songs spun by the Cumbia-electronica pioneer and Corpus Christi native El Dusty, recently titled one of Rolling Stone's Top 10 Artists You Need To Know and Billboard's 5 New Latin Acts To Watch in 2016.
Never heard of a silent disco? That's because it's silent...well, kind of. Grab a pair of headphones and dance the night away con tanto amor while El Dusty spins the very best of La Reina.
2. Let's be real... it's all about the music.
Experience Tejano music on another level at Fiesta de la Flor, where old and new collide. Newer performers, like Isabel Marie Sanchez, bring a fresh vibe to the festival, while some of your legendary favorites will remind you why you fell in love with Tejano music in the first place. Check out the festival line-up and start your #FDLF playlist now!
3. The expanded and AIR CONDITIONED El Mercado presented by attorneys Herrman & Herrman offers international shopping, local art vendors and unique finds all in one location.
Located inside the American Bank Center, El Mercado offers festival goers the opportunity to cool off in an authentic international market place. Did we mention it's air conditioned?
4. Take a photo in the recording studio photo booth inside the McDonald’s Fiesta Tour: Annual Latin GRAMMY Experience tour bus.
This unique museum-on-wheels honors Latin music greats through memorabilia displays and trivia games. The McDonald’s Fiesta Tour bus will visit Fiesta de la Flor in Corpus Christi.
5. The bigger and better El Parque Kids Zone presented by Sprint will knock your socks off!
More rides, new location, kid-friendly food trucks and tons 'o bubbles will amaze even the youngest Selena fans.
6. View new and never before seen art, inspired by the Queen of Tejano herself.
Located within the Art Museum of South Texas, experience the private works of art that the Quintanilla family has collected over the years. Feel the emotion behind the Selena-inspired pieces from artists around the world.
Bonus: While you're in the area, stop at Hester's Cafe for the only indoor dining option within the festival then get your ticket for a viewing of rarely seen video of Selena.
7. Stay cool in one of the two Cerveza Stations presented by L&F Distributors.
Enjoy your frosty beverage in an exclusive, shaded seating area with a view of the stage so you can keep the rhythm going while enjoying your cerveza!
8. No need to miss a beat while grabbing a bite to eat!
With nearly 30 food trucks from all over South Texas serving up all sorts of deliciousness, including vegetarian and gluten-free options, you're sure to find your new favorite dish in La Plaza Food Truck Court presented by Stripes.
Bonus: Food vendors will be serving all day and accept cash and credit cards.
9. Enjoy the bay breeze and relax on the great lawn of North Bayfront Park.
Bring a blanket and get cozy while watching all the action from just far enough away to still enjoy all the excitement. This location is the best kept secret of Fiesta de la Flor.
Bonus: Enjoy great people watching and play Fiesta Loteria from this bayfront vantage point.
10. The icing on the cake! Cerrando con un broche de oro! The cherry on top! The grand finale of Fiesta de la Flor is the spectacular fireworks show presented by H-E-B.
Friends and family gather together to close out a wonderful weekend of celebrating the life and legacy of Selena while watching an exclusive music video created by Q Productions and the breathtaking display of fireworks over the Corpus Christi Bay.