Corpus Christi Farmers' Markets: Where to Go and What to Find
Corpus Christi has three Farmers’ Markets, located throughout the city. Each delivers a unique atmosphere with live music and food trucks; find an amazing selection of local, organic and pesticide-free produce, herbs, homemade breads, free-range eggs, grass-fed beef, antibiotic and hormone-free organic chicken, jams, jellies, an array of plants, fresh cut flowers and more! Be sure to pick up Chimcha Foods Kimchi paleo superfood and Roastorium fresh roasted coffee beans, available at all area Farmers’ Markets.
Attention early birds! The city’s longest-running Farmers’ Market for nearly 25 years, is held on Saturdays from 9:00 a.m. to noon at 5800 Everhart Road, in the Market on Everhart Shopping Center. Arrive early for the best selection.
- Cold-pressed juices from the Vine Juice Company. Flavors include Pear-Fection, a refreshing blend of apple, pear, lemon and ginger, and Whatamelon flavored with watermelon, lime and mint.
- Handmade macramé jewelry designed from wire-wrapped local seashells and sea glass wrapped, as well as Rudraksha seed, considered the holy seeds of India.
- A large selection of made-by-hand fabric aprons, handbags, tote bags, potholders and bibs in fun colorful prints, including sports teams and comic characters.
- An assortment of beautiful, multi-glaze layered microwave and dishwasher-safe ceramic mugs, bowls, cups, and teapots and business card holders.
Located near the seawall, the Corpus Christi Downtown Farmers’ Market is held at the Art Center of Corpus Christi every Wednesday, from 5:00 to 8:00 p.m. and is managed by GROW Local South Texas, founded in 2013 to cultivate a healthy community by growing the local food system and improving access to nutritious, affordable foods. A donation-based class offered by Youga Yoga starts at 6:00 p.m. Enjoy Family Art Time every Wednesday!
- Large selection of pure, organic skin care products from beard balms and shaving kits to wrinkle creams and toners, goat milk body products, handmade artisan soaps and candles.
- Freshly made donuts and cupcakes, in flavors like vegan Earl Grey Tea donuts topped with blueberry glaze and chocolate and vanilla cupcakes with white chocolate truffles in the middle.
- An assortment of soulful, spiritual and iconic jewelry such as pocket rosaries and Buddhist rosaries adorned with precious stones and $10.
- Handmade letter pressed and screen print greeting cards, pocket books, coasters, posters, framed art and more. Colorful upbeat designs include kale, beets, cats and bees.
Want to stay near Padre Island beaches? The Island Farmers’ Market is held every other Thursday from 4:00 to 8:00 p.m. at 14030 Fortuna Bay Drive at Island Presbyterian Church next to Billish Park and beautiful nearby homes on the canal. Check out the Island Farmers’ Market Facebook page to find information about upcoming yoga classes and extended art markets held each quarter.
- Flaxseed therapy pillows designed to relieve different areas of tension. Customize your own blend of essential oils for the perfect scent.
- Essential oil roll-ons and sprays to help repel mosquitoes, reduce anxiety, alleviate headaches and bring on sleep. All natural cleaners, such as soft scrubs, fizzing toilet bombs and hand sanitizer.
- Tula Blue Designs minimalist Island jewelry. The vast selection of this signature handspun knotted rope collection features long necklaces, earrings, anklets, bracelets and versatile wrap pieces adorned with freshwater pearls, and semi-precious stone pendants such as jade, jasper, amazonite, abalone and much more!
- The Salt Gallery’s handcrafted free-hand lettering on recycled wood. These wall hangings and banners, which may be custom ordered in wording of your choice, and macramé plant hangers can help you create a beachy vibe in your home!