Dive Deep into the Texas Sealife Center
Sealife abounds in Corpus Christi. Between the Kemp’s ridley sea turtles at the Padre Island National Seashore and the Caribbean Journey at the Texas State Aquarium, you may think you’ve seen it all. Not so fast. The Texas Sealife Center is the best kept secret on Padre Island. For only $5 admission per person, here are 5 ways to dive deep into this hidden gem.
1. Get up close and personal (no touching though) with these rescued Green Sea Turtles.
2. Learn the stories behind each animal rescue, like Artemis the Crested Cara Cara.
3. Take a stroll in the arboretum and meet Nutmeg, a Black Throated Monitor Lizard.
4. Giggle as Chip, the active Rock Squirrel runs on his wheel. Try to catch a glimpse of Dale, the not-so-active Rock Squirrel who hides in his house all day.
5. Time your visit carefully to watch the feeding frenzy as the tour guides dole out meals for each species, usually around mid-morning.