4 Things to Do and See in North Beach
Located just across the Harbor Bridge, North Beach is home to some of Corpus Christi’s hottest attractions, as well as a wide variety of places to eat and drink while taking in the stunning bayfront views!
Don’t miss out on these spectacular locales next time you’re in Corpus Christi:
The USS Lexington is a World War II vintage aircraft carrier that now serves as a naval aviation museum, educational facility and popular tourist attraction. Commissioned in 1943, the carrier served the United States longer and set more records than any other carrier in the history of naval aviation. The museum is open seven days a week for touring and special events.
- How to get there: From Corpus Christi, take US-181 N to Seagull Blvd. Take the exit toward Texas State Aquarium/USS Lexington/C.C. Beach from TX-35N/US-181 N. Take Timon Blvd. to N Shoreline Blvd. The entrance will be on your right.
- What’s nearby: Grab lunch at Pier 99 Restaurant, the largest patio on the water in the Coastal Bend, or stop by Palace Beachwear & Gifts for beach gear and souvenirs!
- Insider tip: Take a guided Hard Hat Tour - you will get to explore 15 areas of the carrier that are not accessible on public tours!
Open since 1990, the Texas State Aquarium's mission is to engage people with animals, inspire appreciation for our seas and support wildlife conservation. The new expansion, Caribbean Journey, features a 400,000-gallon shark tank habitat, a 4D theater and an interactive exhibit that celebrate the Sian Ka’an Biosphere Preserve. The Aquarium reaches over 77,000 children each year through its education programs and contributes to meaningful research and conservation programs around the world. Plus, parking is free!
- How to get there: From Corpus Christi, take US-181 N to Seagull Blvd. Take the exit toward Texas State Aquarium/USS Lexington/C.C. Beach from TX-35N/US-181 N. Take Timon Blvd. to N Shoreline Blvd. Turn left onto Pearl Ave. and the Aquarium will be on the right.
- What’s nearby: Check out regional art at the Art Museum of South Texas and swing by Hester’s Cafe inside to get sandwiches, salads, and more - if you visit on a Saturday, you can experience their brunch menu!
- Insider tip: If you reserve an Exclusive Encounter, you can explore behind-the-scenes, feed sea turtles and sharks and enjoy interactions with various animals!
Fajitaville Seafood & Burgers is a 3-story entertainment and dining complex. Each floor has something different to offer - the first floor is the casual Beach Bar, the second floor is the family-friendly Fajitaville Grill and the third floor is the elegant Riviera. As Corpus Christi’s only beach service bar and restaurant, Fajitaville offers a one-of-a-kind experience with casual patio dining to indoor live cooking shows. Fajitaville also features the region’s only beachside ferris wheel.
- How to get there: From Corpus Christi, take US-181 N to Seagull Blvd. Take the exit toward Texas State Aquarium/USS Lexington/C.C. Beach from TX-35N/US-181 N. Take Burleson St. and Timon Blvd. to S. Hotel Place. The restaurant will be on the right.
- What’s nearby: Visit the Corpus Christi Ride-In Theater for an outdoor movie night or immerse yourself in hands-on marine science learning during a Archimedes Educational Cruise.
- Insider tip: If you and your family are looking to book an event or party in North Beach, Fajitaville can work with you to create a custom package for your event - the restaurant even has a private beach!
If you’re looking for an outdoor experience, grab your fishing rods and head down to the Marinaville Bait Stand for a day of relaxation. Their pier features a cleaning station, tables and benches, and a friendly crew that can answer all of your questions. Inside the shop, you can find tackles, nets, poles and other equipment you need for fishing! If you’re feeling adventurous, you can also rent a fishing pole and kayak to take out into the Nueces Bay.
- How to get there: From Corpus Christi, take US-181 N to E. Causeway Blvd. Take the exit toward Beach Ave. Merge onto E. Causeway Blvd. and follow the road. Once you pass under US-181, the bait shop will be on your right.
- What’s nearby: Grab an authentic cheesesteak from Yo Philly Cheese Steaks & Sub or visit Bali’s Bar & Grill for a signature burger and specialty cocktail with a bayside view.
- Insider tip: Visit the pier in the evening for some late-day fishing - beneath it are green lights that attract fish at night!
Whether you are looking for a place to eat and grab drinks, participate in a family-friendly experience or immerse yourself in Coastal Bend history, North Beach has something for you. Head over to Corpus Christi to make unforgettable memories!