Big Bang Celebration Park & Ride
Park & Ride
Thanks to the generosity of our community partner, the Corpus Christi RTA, complimentary Park & Ride service will be available for the Mayor’s Big Bang Celebration!
Hours of Operation: Tuesday, July 4 from 12 noon to 11:30 pm (approximately).
Corpus Christi City Hall: 1201 Leopard St.
Water Street between John Sartain and William
No Parking Areas and Road Closures
The City of Corpus Christi Traffic Engineering office advises residents of the following road closures and no parking areas in preparation for the Mayor’s 4th of July Big Bang Celebration.
Thursday, July 04, 2019 at 3:00 PM
- Southbound 181 existing construction lane closure will extend past the Burleson Street Entrance Ramp.
Thursday, July 04, 2019 at 7:00 PM
- Northbound 181 Burleson Exit Ramp will be closed by Police. Spectators wanting to enter North Beach after this time will be required to turn around at Moore Avenue in Portland and Exit Beach Avenue SB 181.
Police Department will provide temporary closures to allow the parade procession access to the parade route.
Bayfront Event Location
Wednesday, July 03, 2019 at 8:00 AM
- “No Parking” drums will be positioned throughout the Bayfront.
Thursday, July 04, 2019 at 7:00 AM
- No Parking enforcements begins. Spectators are encouraged to use Park and Ride to get to the event site.
- Traffic control plan will be in place. (Northbound and Southbound Shoreline Boulevard closure - between IH-37 and Coopers Alley).
- Access to buildings and businesses fronting Shoreline Boulevard will be maintained from Water Street (one way streets will be converted to two way streets to allow access).
- Access to the T-Heads will be maintained from Water Street. (Marina personnel will assist Police when to start limiting access to only Marina tenants).
Thursday, July 04, 2019 at 11:30 PM (after traffic subsides or as directed by police)
- Streets will progressively open back to regular traffic patterns.
Parking near the event site is limited so people are encouraged to use the Park and Ride. Traffic control devices will guide motorists through the road closures.
NO PARKING, TOW AWAY ZONES WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED IN ALL AREAS.