Media Relations Department
The Visit Corpus Christi Media Relations Department actively assists and engages the media by providing information, research, and images to promote tourism-related publications. In addition, the Media Relations Department supports meeting and group travel clients by offering statistics, images and general information.
Visit Corpus Christi also works with local and national media outlets for film production needs. The City of Corpus Christi requires a film permit only for public property. Permits are necessary during the following instances:
- Filming on a street or sidewalk
- Using pyrotechnic or flame effects
- Filming at the Corpus Christi International Airport
- Filming in a City park or on city beaches
- Filming in any City facility
- A water meter is needed for temporary water service
- Street closures are required
- Construction or demolishing buildings
- Any film event that affects public safety or public access to public places OR involves city services
To obtain a permit to film on public property, producers must provide the following:
- Provide a COI as delineated in the Film Ordinance for the City of Corpus Christi
- Provide a $25 application fee
- Additional fees and processes may be involved, depending on the complexity of the film production
*Local filmmakers should contact the Corpus Christi Film Commission for information regarding the local permitting process.
If you require a film permit, please contact Mary Herrera, firstname.lastname@example.org, to complete the Corpus Christi Film Commission forms.
Request Photos and Video for Promotional Use
Whether you're a journalist, a meeting planner, a content creator, or a Visit Corpus Christi partner, we want you to use the very best photos that Visit Corpus Christi has to help attract travelers to the Gulf Coast Capital.
This library is a mix of photography, b-roll, finished videos, and brand assets. Visit Corpus Christi is providing them to our partners completely free!