Our top priority for welcoming visitors back to Corpus Christi is doing it safely, with your health in mind. Corpus Christi leads the nation in safety and sanitation with the most Global Biorisk Advisory Council (GBAC) STAR™ accredited hotels and venues.
GBAC Star Accredited:
- American Bank Center
- Art Museum of South Texas
- Whataburger Field
- Omni Corpus Christi Hotel
- USS Lexington Museum on the Bay
- Corpus Christi International Airport
Fundamentalists Course Completions:
- Bar Under the Sun (BUS)
- Harrison's Landing
- House of Rock
- Rebel Toad Brewing
What is GBAC STAR?
GBAC STAR is a performance-based accreditation program that helps facilities demonstrate they have the work practices, procedures, and protocols to prepare, respond, and recover from outbreaks and pandemics. The program was developed by the Global Biorisk Advisory Council® (GBAC)), a division of ISSA.
GBAC STAR accreditation helps instill confidence with customers, hospitality staff, and key stakeholders that facilities have the proper cleaning, disinfection, and infectious disease prevention systems in place. Accredited hotels and venues demonstrate compliance with the program's 20 elements, including enhanced cleaning and contactless services.
GBAC STAR accreditation means that a facility is implementing the industry's highest standards for cleaning and disinfection of infectious agents like the novel coronavirus. Accredited venues and hotels have:
- Established and maintained a cleaning, disinfection, and infectious disease prevention program to minimize risks associated with infectious agents like the novel coronavirus
- The proper cleaning protocols, disinfection techniques, and work practices in place to combat biohazards and infectious disease.
- Highly skilled cleaning professionals who are trained for an outbreak and infectious disease preparation and response.
Learn more about the GBAC Star accreditation program here.
GBAC Star Resources
GBAC Star Facility Directory - Interactive Map
Corpus Christi Hospitality Community to Lead Clean City Initiative - Press Release