Competition in Corpus Christi: Cool Races to Compete in
With the salty air filling your lungs and the sun warming your body, the Coastal Bend is the perfect location for a quick race. Fortunately, Corpus Christi hosts numerous competitions each year in multiple sports, including running, biking and rowing. Best yet, they accommodate all abilities and skill levels, so you can join the fun even if you’re typically a couch potato!
- Beach to Bay. This popular marathon relay race attracts more than 15,000 runners on 2,500 teams each year. If you’re interested, come to Corpus Christi in May. The race is held on the third Saturday of the month to celebrate Armed Forces Day. It’s a relay race, making it great for friend groups or families.
- Harbor Half. This half marathon is also a fundraising event for Junior Achievement, an organization that prepares young students for the workforce by teaching workplace readiness and financial literacy.
- CCRR Half Marathon. Held along the Corpus Christi Bay on Ocean Run and Shoreline Boulevard, this race provides great views and a challenging run over 13 miles. Once you’ve worked up a sweat, head west to enjoy everything downtown Corpus Christi has to offer.
- PINS Race. The Padre Island National Seashore 10 Miler is held on hard-packed sand, meaning you can run the entire race along the gorgeous Gulf of Mexico. Once the race is over, stick around on Padre Island to enjoy the wildlife or one of its great restaurants.
- CC Road Runners. If you’re looking for a race on any given weekend while you’re visiting the city, check out the Corpus Christi Road Runners! This dedicated group of runners holds regular races and fun runs, and they’re always looking for new talents!
- Wicked Wine Run. One part costume party, one part wine tasting, and one part running. What more could you want? The 5K ends with celebratory wine, and the 1K walk features four wine tasting booths along the way.
Big Biking Event
Conquer the Coast. A premier event for riders of all abilities, Conquer the Coast holds a 10-miler, a 25-miler and a 65-miler that pushes seasoned riders through some of the toughest routes in Texas.
Paddle for - Parkinson's. Launch into the water for a cause! This annual event is for teams of kayakers and paddle boarders to raise funds in the fight against Parkinson’s Disease.
Competing not really your thing? There are hundreds of ways to stay active in the Coastal Bend! Corpus Christi hosts many state parks and beaches that are perfect for hiking, surfing, swimming, and much more.