Terrific Things Corpus Christi Gave the World: An Icon for Each Decade Since the 1970s
So you think you know this city? Are you ready to earn your graduate degree in all-things Corpus Christi? Everyone knows what’s to love, with over 100 miles of gulf shore and bayside beaches ringing our Coastal Bend, not to mention an average year-round temperature of 72.15°. But do you know what else makes this city so special?
An Icon for Each Decade Since the 1970s
Did you know these celebrities were from Corpus Christi?
Clockwise from top left: Farrah Fawcett, Dabney Coleman, Lou Diamond Phillips and Eva Longoria
• 1970s: Farrah Fawcett Before the Charlie’s Angels star made it big, she grew up in Corpus Christi and graduated from W. B. Ray High, where she was voted "most beautiful" four years in a row.
• 1980s: Dabney Coleman Dashing and often dastardly, his chiseled jaw and menacing mustache became synonymous with the self-important 80s Me Generation in 9 to 5, Tootsie and War Games. He utterly dominated that crazy decade.
• 1990s: Lou Diamond Phillips Young Lou attended Flour Bluff High School before he became known for Young Guns, Stand and Deliver, Courage Under Fire and La Bamba. His breakout performances in the late-80s set the tone for him as dreamy 90s hunk with formidable acting chops.
• 1990s BONUS: Selena The budding Tejana superstar may not have been born in Corpus Christi, but she claimed it as her hometown as quickly as she could!
• 2000s: Eva Longoria Watch out 2010s! Corpus Christi’s favorite Desperate Housewives wife is returning soon to primetime TV, poised to take over this decade, too!
Check out some of the other Terrific Things Corpus Christi Gave the World in More Trip Ideas before you plan your trip to the Coastal Bend!